VIP has emergency services that are available 24 hours/day, 365 days/year.
24-hour hotline: 570-253-4401 or 570-296-HELP. All calls are kept confidential. Trained counselor/advocates will assess safety with you and help create a safety plan. Advocates will also provide information on medical care, shelter, legal assistance and other resources. The hotline is available to victims, loved ones and anyone wanting more information.
- Emergency shelter: can be accessed 24 hours/day through the hotline. Please see the shelter section for more information.
- Medical Accompaniment: If you visit the hospital for domestic violence, sexual assault/harassment/abuse or human trafficking, an advocate can be there with you. We can also go with you to medical appointments if you are uncomfortable going alone. We will be there for support and to provide you with options and information, including your rights as a victim.
- Victims’ Intervention Program is part of the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART). We will join you in the emergency department. The team is comprised of a VIP advocate, a SANE (Sexual assault nurse examiner) trained nurse and an officer. We will be there together to assist you. The choice to press charges is totally yours. Whether you want to pursue charges or not, it is recommended that you still seek medical treatment. If you have been assaulted, it is best not to shower or use the bathroom if possible. VIP will have clothing available for you, as you will most likely need to leave your clothing as part of the evidence.
- Law Enforcement Accompaniments: If you need to go to a police station to make a report or give a statement, we can go with you if you do not want to go alone. We can offer support, information, options and referrals or resources.
- Legal Accompaniments: If you need an emergency Protection from Abuse order after regular courthouse hours, we can still help you. We will connect you with the District Judge and accompany you if needed.